7.06.2009

Our Busy Summer

Gosh where does the time go so quickly? Greg and I have been busy taking weekend trips before the baby comes and have managed to be on the road about every other weekend somewhere. We also just had our neighborhood's annual July 4th Party this weekend which was really fun. (Thanks Lori for pulling this together each year. What would we do without you?)

We have 7 weeks and a few days left before our due date and we are EXCITED. So far the time is going by so quickly as I am so busy with work and trying to stay indoors and out of the heat. Every time I think we have everything major we need I hear about a dozen new things we really should have so I have been becoming well acquainted with Babies R Us and my fellow neighborhood mom's tricks of the trade. So much to learn! And who knew you interviewed a number of pediatricians before you selected one? (Thanks Greg for arranging those appointments.) I've been feeling pretty good still although I am srarting to develope a bit of a waddle and sitting on, or rather getting up off of, the floor is simply not a wise thing to do when you are in the house alone. With the heat the past week the left ankle has started to swell pretty good. My right hand is also having some finger numbness (think carpal tunnel). When I went to have it checked out my Dr. asked if my wrists were swelling as that can cause the numbess. I responded "I have no idea. I've been too busy watching my ankles swell to watch my wrists too." Not to worry though, just another working pregnant mom symptom. All is well.

We are looking forward to a visit this weekend from Stan and Margo as they wrap up the tail end of one of their motorhome trips and stay in Boise a couple days. They haven't seen our house since it was in boxes the two days before our wedding. We also just had a great visit from my sister's family last week. They stayed at my folks and as always we had so much fun seeing them. Greg and I say all the time how remarkable every single one of our nieces and nephews are. They are all so different and yet so smart and full of so much talent and fun. On my side we have 4 nieces and 4 nephews and Greg's side has 1 niece and 2 nephews. How blessed we are to have such a great family near and far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!