11.30.2009

The Love of Family


First I have to thank my niece Jordan for the cute picture. Charlie is 3 months old this week and we are absolutely over the moon for him. We spent Thanksgiving in Boise this year with my family and there was a constant line of people waiting to hold and love on Charlie. I hope he will always know how loved he is by his entire family. We all get a big kick out of his neices and nephews calling "dibs" on him each time he's with them. It's a constant battle to get more Charlie time. They even volunteer to change the poopy diapers just so they can have him when he's all clean again.


I have to send a big thank you to neices Jordan and Tara who were here for 5 days and became his fill-in mommies. They met us at the door and took such great care of him each day. Other than his two grandmas, Jordan is the only person Greg and I have left him with. Not only because she is so experienced with babies and kids but because we know that she loves him as much as we do and will take such great care of him. Jordan is also our designated photographer and has captured some of the cutest pictures of Charlie and the whole family.

Greg and I talk all the time about how lucky we are to have so many people in our lives that love and support us. I am blessed to work with my dad and brother every day. To have my mom watch Charlie while I am at work is not only peace of mind but such a special opportunity for both Charlie and my folks to build a special bond that will last a lifetime. I have learned so much about being a mother by watching my mom and sister over the years. They mother with unconditional love, laughter and kindness. I look up to them so much. I am also so impressed with all my nieces and nephews. Greg and I gush about all of them whenever we can. I could never do them all justice in a blog but when I think about all of them my heart is so full. I am sad that so much of our family lives so far away but we think of and talk about them all the time. We are so lucky to have all of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!