8.10.2009

17 days to go and counting...

Well the baby shower was this past weekend. What a fun day! My sister-in-law Jenie was sweet enough to coordinate and decorate everything on this end and my sister Kimberly and neices drove from Utah to be here for it and did all the food. What a great feeling to have such wonderful friends and family who love and support you. And yes the pregnancy hormones are in full swing... when I tried to thank everyone for coming the waterworks started and I was reduced to a teary eyed pregnant mess. Have I ever mentioned what saps we can be in our family at times? A big 'Thanks" to my family who teared up with me and never lets one of us cry alone.

Anyway Greg and I are ready to meet this little guy. My temp replacement is training at work - need just a few more days with her to cover the day to day grind. The nursery is set up, the car seat is in place, my bag is packed and in the car... and now we wait... and wait... and wait... For those of you whom I naively told I hoped this baby would be a few days late so I could get through a few more things at work at month's end - I now understand why you all chuckled at my comment. We are ready and any day is just fine with me. In fact, if he wanted to come before this Friday so I could be a first time mom at age 35 instead of 36 that would be just dandy. At any rate we are ready and SO EXCITED to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!