9.28.2009

One Month Old...





As many of you I'm sure will understand, the past month has been very busy for us and I am just now finally getting a chance to update things here. Charles Todd Dietz, Charlie, was born on September 2, 2009, 2:46 pm at 9lbs 2oz and 21 inches long. Charlie was in no hurry to get here so at a week late I was induced. And mere hours after arriving at the hospital he was here. In retrospect, I had nothing to be nervous about on the delivery, it was easy and Charlie came very fast, 15 minutes in fact once he decided to participate. Greg and I had a very good experience in the hospital with the delivery and I have no fears about a next time. We may be a tad biased but we think Charlie came out just beautiful, ivory skin, curly dark blond fuzz on a perfectly round little head. Because of the fast delivery the doctor recommends Greg study up on how to deliver babies himself otherwise we will need to schedule any future deliveries at the hospital so he won't be delivering the baby at home.

The first weeks weeks were streessful, exhausting and emotional for this first time mom but thanks to wonderful my understanding and thoughtful husband, family, friends and neighbors continuing to support us and check on on us regulary we made it through and we are all doing great... well a little tired but great none the less. Charlie has now definately passed the 10 lb mark and has stretched out to over 22.5 inches. We've all noticed his wide hands and are sure he's going to be a great ball handler as he starts into sports.

At a month old we are starting to develop something resembling a schedule and figuring out his cues and needs but of course all is subject to change. As Charlie is a pretty content and easy baby we don't have too many fussy times - he is being very easy on us so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!