10.12.2009

First Trip to the Cabin with Charlie

Although it was a relatively short road trip, Greg and I took Charlie to the cabin in Cascade this weekend. Being our first car trip of any length I was a tad nervous that we would be in for a screaming fit about halfway through the canyon but to our relief Charlie did what almost all babies do, he fell asleep within 10 minutes of being on the road.

What a wonderful weekend ended up having. Charlie's Grandma and Grandpa went with us to help with Charlie and to let Greg and mostly me get caught up on sleep, of which I am very grateful! We also had a belated birthday celebration for Greg since I landed myself in the ER and eventually a few days in the hospital with an infection on his real birthday.

We took Charlie out for his first walk around the cabin in his little bear suit which we found absolutely adorable but I'm not sure what he'll think of these pictures when he's in high school. Greg also showed Charlie what a mountain man looks like mowing the yard in his big bad coon-skin hat. After the laughter stopped we were all a little afraid when Greg actually continued to wear the hat while mowing the yard, somewhere off in the distance we thought we even heard banjos playing for one of their own. Anyway it was a great first trip up there and we look forward to many more throughout the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!