Greg and I are counting our blessings this year. Greg has started a new job with the Idaho Transportation Department and while it's a whole lot of learning ahead given the change to the public sector he really likes the position and his department. Things seem to be going very well for him there. We are both excited for this new opportunity in our lives. I am still with my family business, Boise Cold Storage, and I love it. I am pulling some double duty right now as we've scaled back our work force during the slow season but everything seems to be getting done just fine and I am excited and ready for the summer heat to start.More exciting than our job situations though is the fact that we are expecting our first child the end of August - six more months to go. (Maybe I should rethink my excitement for the summer heat.) So far I have felt reasonably good and other than slacking off at the household chores I haven't slowed down too much. Thank you Greg for all the many loads of laundry and dishes you've put away and I promise someday soon I'll start cooking real meals again.
So far the prenancy has been nothing but textbook with great lab results and fun healthy ultrasounds of our baby. While we don't know what we are having yet we lovingly refer to our child as Tater. Not only do we live in the potato state but Greg coined this expression several years ago when we were dating. We knew that someday we would have a little Pusspatater of our own so the nick name "Tater" just stuck.
Anyway we are excited to see who this little person will be and how our lives will be turned upside down in such a fantastic way. We look forward to sharing this time with our friends and family too. It's been too long since either side of the family had a baby around.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment!